Friday, April 10, 2009

How's it going?

We took a lovely trip to Jim Thorpe today. Why you ask? For wine. Yes, we traveled 45 mins. one way for wine. Let me explain about this nectar-it's delicious, sweet, fruity, hints of apple pie a la mode wine. We bought three varities: La Brusca, Apple Raspberry and Spicy Apple. And the best part: it's $8 a bottle!! I know!!! Good times! We are having Easter dinner here because mil had knee surgery (she's doing really well, thank you) and we thought we should be prepared.
I feel bad that in the way of preparations we aren't really doing much. Sil is making the ham, stuffing and sweet potatoes, mil is making bread, my Mom is making ricotta cheese cookies (soooo delish!!) and regular potatoes (because, omg, my Dad has to have regular potatoes), we are making tilapia, salad and homemade fudgy brownies.
I, of course, am going to clean like a crazy person. I like things to be neat, clean and orderly when we have company. I'm going to straighten up tonight and tomorrow will be cleaning.
I also have to shop for Easter baskets. Last minute Annie, that's me. But I do get everything done. I work better under pressure.
How are things on your end?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh, which winery did you go to? I have my favorites, but just curious.