Thursday, October 8, 2009

Day off and other things

I love my new job! I am the support teacher for the reading teacher in first grade. I don't even feel like I'm going to work. I am so lucky to be with the people I am (wonderful group) and the school district (child centered and an accelerated school). I feel almost spoiled because this is my fourth year there. I did all my observation/participation there for two years, last year I did my internship and student teaching there and now I'm working there.
To get a full time teaching position (I'm part time) I have to start racking up credits and taking the Praxis (teacher exams). I'm low on the list (#19) and that means that 18 are ahead of me to get teaching jobs. However if I have certifications that they don't that means that I will get the job. It's about making yourself marketable and useful.
We have off tomorrow because of so many children district wide being sick. The superintendent thought that by giving us tomorrow off and making it a four day weekend (we have Monday off because of Columbus Day) it will give everyone a chance to get better. I say alright!
I just found out one of the teachers is pregnant. It stings because here I am waiting, hoping and praying for a miracle to get pregnant and everyone around me is doing it relatively easy. I just hope they know how lucky they are that they didn't need medical help and spend thousands of dollars for procedures with zero guarantees.
I so badly want to do i.vf but we haven't talked about it in awhile. I know I would always regret not doing it. Now I have to factor in going back to school and figuring out how to fit it all in. Oh God why can't PA mandate health insurance to at least pay for some procedures? I go on cycle sista and read how people are getting to do i.vf and I want the same chance.

2 comments:

Melis.sa said...

That's awesome that you love your job! I would say do as much school as you can as fast as you can :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you like your new job! And yes, it stinks that PA doesn't force employers to cover fertility stuff in their insurance!