Saturday I graduated from college with a 4.0. My degree will read "summa cum laude" but I was not allowed to wear honor cords. Why you may ask? Because prior to the semester in which you are graduating you must have 45 credits. I had 39. "Wait," I asked the provost lady--"what about this semester?" "It doesn't count." That's crazy--I had 12 credits for student teaching which were not free and this person tells me it doesn't count. I should have ordered the cords online. I did attend the ceremony, certainly not for me, but for the people who love me and support me--my family. I still can't believe that I worked so hard, at times had two jobs and a family and I was not recognized as an honor graduate. That is terrible.
1 comment:
Congrats!!!! Glad you are done, but the cords thing SUCKS!!!! Oh well, you know you did it, and that is all that matters!!!
Hugs,
Rebel
Post a Comment