Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Out of the park

I feel really, really good! My interview went super well. Thank you for all your support and prayers. The interview was a short one--only 4 questions. I did wow them with my literacy bag (it's a bag with 3 books and each book has an activity to go with it. it's to foster the love of reading and have families spend time together. the really cool thing is that everything you need to complete the activities--crayons, glue, etc. are included in the bag.) This school district is huge with parent/family involvement. They all responded very well to the literacy bag. I was asked by the superintendent if I had any questions for them and I asked them what they were looking for in a teacher. For every answer the super replied with he would add--"You certainly have that". So I will eat my hat if I don't get this job!
I believe the school board meeting is next week. So I will keep you updated.
My temp this morning was 97.9. Up four points from yesterday--but I think that was due to nerves.

4 comments:

JJ said...

Awesome =) They would be crazy not to hire you!

Melis.sa said...

sounds like you nailed it!!!! Can't wait to hear about them calling you :)

cmr said...

i really hope i am still around when you get the Teacher of the Year award !

cmr said...

you should really patent that literacy bag............