Sunday, January 31, 2010

Cd 3 and heroes

Yesterday M and I finally did something that we've been meaning to do for years-have our wills made. A lawyer named K brought Wills for Heroes to our area. It was created shortly after Sept. 11 when it was discovered that many firefighters and police officers did not have wills. They had an excellent turn out. Our appointment was at 10 a.m. We brought our questionnaire with us and were seated shortly with a lawyer. I had to have blood work drawn as yesterday was cd 3. The lab was open from 7 am to 2 pm. We decided to go after having our wills made. Our lawyer was very nice but not very familiar with the computer nor the Will computer program. K saw us still there at almost 1 pm and notarized it for us and had witnesses sign it for us also. We made it to the lab with 15 mins to spare. We should have been out of there around noon (they told us to allow 1 hour per person, in addition to the will it included power of attorney and a living will). We are very thankful to the lawyers who volunteered their time and for the program. M sent K an email thanking her and volunteering his computer expertise for next year, she does Wills for Heroes again.
Last night we went out for dinner. We had pizza, crab and lobster bisque soup, appetizers and amaretto sours. Cannolis ended our meal. Yum! This restaurant was written about in "I Heard You Paint Houses". Very interesting stuff--I couldn't put the book down! It is also being made into a movie.
I have work at the big OG tonight. I switched with my friend. At least tonight we close at 10, which is one hour earlier than my Sat night.
It is bitter, bitter cold here. Off to make my french press coffee and have something warm for breakfast.

2 comments:

bibc said...

cd3! yay :)
yummy your dinner last night sounds great...you got a ton accomplished yesterday!
all i did was make alfredo sauce and brownies! it was tooo coooold to go out

Photogrl said...

Whew...glad you made it in time to get the bloodwork done!

Sounds like a great day!