I've heard it's Delurking Week here in blogland. I've often wondered who else read this blog. I know myself will sometimes read blogs and not comment because I'm only on the computer for a few minutes.
I went to the store today to buy some necessities. I'm in line when I hear the cashier say they are only accepting checks and cash because their system is down. I hardly ever have cash on me. I use my debit card for everything. I went back home, had dinner and then got some cash and went back. It makes me think what if something really bad happened to the system that accepts credit cards and debit cards? A whole bunch of us would be up the creek without a paddle.
I had a dentist appointment on Monday. No cavities and I received praise from my hygienist for flossing and brushing well. She was scheduling my next appointment and said it wouldn't be until October. Gee, I thought. I usually come back around June. I asked why October and she told me the office would be closed for three months. I kinda figured it out before she told me why--my dentist was pregnant. That makes three pregnancy announcements in the span of 48 hours. Lucky me. I did congratulate her and we spoke about the pregnancy and her children (two). She knows about my if and didn't ask me anything about it (She always does. She even recommended to my Dad about buying the Taking Charge of Your Fertility book). I guess she felt too weird to say something. It made me feel bad that she didn't ask.
One week today is our appointment with Dr. G. I wish we could skip it and go straight to pre ivf testing. I'm tired of waiting. This is our fifth year of trying. It's time for us to have our baby.
Making Bets
2 weeks ago

5 comments:
I lurk here.
Well you aleady know I am here!! :o)
Erica
*waves* I'm here!! :-)
I'm a regular!
I often don't comment just b/c my google ID takes you to my family blog which most IFers don't want to see, and I haven't figured out how to use open ID yet to link to my IF blog (www.projectprogeny.wordpress.com).
Hope you get your baby SOON!
i wanted to say hello. i just found your blog today and am looking forward to reading more of your story! wishing you all the best as you begin your IVF. we have had one and were lucky enough that it worked. unfortunately, we are still waiting to bring a baby home after it all ended too soon after five months of a twin pregnancy. i can tell you that IVF is not the horrorshow it is made out to be. it really isnt that bad if you can mentally prepare yourself for it. lots and lots of luck!
Post a Comment