Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new year and other goings on

Happy New Year! I was awakened with fireworks by my neighbors at midnight. I went to bed at eleven because New Year's Day we drove to Philly for the Mummer's Parade. Those mummer's know how to party. Even El.vis made an appearance! The costumes were elaborate (I'm waiting for my Mom to upload her photos) and the music was pumpin'. My best friend who lives in Philly had her Mum.mer's Day party again. Her house is right down the street from the parade route. We had a great time!
We did have to leave early yesterday because I had work at 4pm at the big OG. That's when my day started going downhill. I called my make up lady to set up an appointment and she told me her daughter is having a boy. I get ambushed by a server at work who tells me she's five months pregnant, my manager schedules me to serve today (I told her over a month ago I'm not serving on Sunday's anymore--I don't want to work seven days a week. Six days is plenty.), she accuses me of being a no call/no show last Sunday serving (the night manager took me off the schedule and neglected to tell anyone), I wrote before that Aunt Flo had come but it turned out to be spotting--she really came last night when I was working (how convenient), I come home and check my mail on the computer and E comes in because she had an accident in bed--I had to change the entire bed. Are you kidding me? I think I'm being tested sometimes.
Today we are going shopping for all kinds of stuff: blinds for the kitchen doors and my bedroom windows, sneakers, sport bras, pj's and laundry stuff. Maybe a cd that I wanted for Christmas but did not get.
I'm doing pretty good exercising. Either running or doing my J.illian Michael's workout. I did not workout this Friday or Saturday because of traveling and working. Today I'm back on track. We have our meeting with Dr. G in less than two weeks and then it's go time and I want to be a couple pounds lighter before beginning my i.vf cycle.
What's new with you?

4 comments:

Melis.sa said...

Awesome job working out!

that sunday sounded awful, thank god it's over with. WOOT WOOT!! TWO WEEKS!! :)

cmr said...

what cd did you want and not get?? e. was so distressed that you only had one gift to open.. i tried to tell her that it was a BIG gift.. but she just wasn't buying it.

as for us.. house is deChristmassed..
Dad got all the stuff for the Pysanky egg decorating party.
all we need is a date to have all here.
will be setting up 6ft. table in kitchen.. basement too cold.

we'll make it a big pj party !
jan or feb? don't want J. and Mom traveling in the icy throes of winter !

cmr said...

Praying to St. Jude for the best to happen with IVF...

Photogrl said...

Yay for working out!

((HUGS)) for Sunday...I hope today was much better!