M. posting for his better half.
Seems like this road we're traveling smoothed out for a little while, only for us to hit a major pothole today.
I awoke close to 7 to find the Mrs. already downstairs. Wasn't too worried, she's been battling a sinus condition and hasn't been sleeping very well of late. However, I knew something was amiss when I saw her face. She'd been crying and told me she was having bad cramps. Felt like her period was coming on. She already called the OB doc.
Little later on, the OB spoke w the Mrs and advised us to call the office at 8, which we did. We were given an appt for 9:15. As we motored our way to the office, the pain started to increase. I was beginning to get seriously worried for both the Mrs and the babies.
Once in the office, the staff immediately recognized the seriousness of the situation. We got ourselves an US, which showed heartbeats for both Baby A and Baby B. Good news so far, but the pain continued to increase and the Mrs was having a much more difficult time w things.
We were sent off to the High Risk OB guy, who happened to be in the L & D dept. For the next two hours, medical folks tried to determine the cause, while giving the Mrs large amounts of morphine, which wasn't having the desired effect. After another US, they decided the best course of action was surgery, in hopes of finding the cause of all the pain. Off to the OR they went.
While it seemed like forever, it probably took 2.5 hrs before we got any true update on the Mrs. They found the R ovary at 9cms (which I guess is pretty big by ovary standards), along with 30 some cysts. Some of the cysts were as large as the ovary itself. Others much smaller. The large ones were drained and removed. All involved hope those were the culprits for the morning's events.
Around 6pm, we got ourselves yet another US, to determine if the surgery and anesthesia had any negative impacts on the babies. The US showed two good heartbeats along with some movement. Seems like they are no worse for the wear, but continued monitoring is in order.
Hopefully the Mrs is resting comfortably now. I'll find out for sure in the AM. In the meantime, we ask that everyone keep thinking good thoughts on our behalf.
Making Bets
1 day ago

7 comments:
I'm sorry to hear you're both being put through the mill. Sending out virtual hugs from this side of the pond along with masses of PMA.
I hope Astral manages to rest. More socks can be shipped out if need be!
Take care both of you.
(((hugs))) and prayers for all 4 of you. I hope the surgery relieves the pain and you're all able to settle back down for many more months!!!
Praying, thinking, hopings for speedy recovery for mommy and babies. You guys will surely be in my thoughts today!
Thank you for posting the update! I cant imagine how scared you both were. Sending you all lots of hugs and prayers!!
Thinking about all of you and holding all of you close in my thoughts and prayers!
((HUGS))
Thinking about you all and sending lots of hugs and prayers.
xoxo
Post a Comment