I don't exactly know how or when it happened but I have bad lower back pain. I had made an appointment with my family doctor and he wanted me to have an M.RI done but my insurance would not pay for it. They would only pay for x-rays. I did not have the x-rays done because my back felt fine at the time. Silly me. I did fall twice on my tail bone as a child, I'm wondering if that and being a server for 9 years has anything to do with my pain. I am very careful with my back (I lift things with my legs, etc.). The mornings are the worst. I can't bend over, sitting down hurts and a myriad of other things. I started to do yoga about two weeks ago and it was getting better. The stretching and strengthening of my back and stomach muscles I know is important. I started planting my garden and maybe the digging aggravated it. I just took some pain relievers and rubbed icy hot on my back. I am so mad at my body. I feel like an old person. Anyway I'm wondering if anyone goes to a chiropractor and could offer any advice on choosing one and what to expect. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
2 comments:
I dont have any advice, Im sorry=( Just wanted to tell you I hope you feel better soon!
My chiropractor has this machine he runs up and down my back. It beeps. I guess it tells him which areas are problematic. He then braces his hands on the spot on my back, tells me to either breathe in or out, and quickly pushes down. CRACK the bone goes back to where it should be. He also does this twisty thing where I sit up and my torso twists. He puts his arms around me and presses...CRACK. It sounds worse than it actually is. After it's done I feel so good!!
I got recommendations from friends for a chiropractor.
Post a Comment