Today is M's family reunion. I had a funny feeling that someone was going to get pregnant. Boy am I good. M's mom called and told M that he should be the one to break the news to me that his cousin is pregnant. I heard this because I was standing right there. I walked away crying. I cannot believe that another person is pregnant and not me. I asked M if he would be upset if I didn't go. He said that he would be sad if I didn't go but if he doesn't want me to go if I'm not going to have a good time. My husband is such a wonderful man. So I picked up a day shift today. All they are going to do is talk about babies and her being pregnant. Right now that's more than I can handle. You think after a couple of years that I would have built up a thick skin. It still hurts. It still stings. Why do other people get to have babies with the person they love and I can't?
Update:
I met up with M and E to attend a party at M's friend's lake house. Just when I thought I was safe another friend shows up. She's nine weeks pregnant. I said to M, "I can't win, can I?" So I did what any IF girl would do--went into the bathroom, cried, had two c.aptain and cokes and was social.
1095th Friday Blog Roundup
1 day ago

2 comments:
Aww sweetie, I am sorry. I think you did the right thing though, no sense being miserable!!
HUGS!!!
Rebel
I've been asking that question for 3 years now. I'm glad you were strong enough to avoid the gathering.
Post a Comment