This is the classroom where I do my internship. The school is about 7 years old. This is my third year doing my observation here. I really like the school. So much has changed from when I was in grade school. Posters everywhere, a fish tank, a Word Wall (commonly used words alphabeticized), cubbies for the kids, mailslots for the kids and the desks are grouped in 4 sets of 6. No more rows. I would love to teach at this school (it's also 5 minutes from my house) but they only hire from their family learning center. You work full time at the center, get crappy pay and no benefits. And you have to wait for someone to retire or die. The teacher I was observing with last year waited 6 years for a job.
This is the aquarium. They have fish, a snail and a catfish. I look at it everyday to see if their still there. We had a salt water tank (very hard to keep up) and we lost a lot of fish. A funny story is that M bought shrimp, a puffer fish and other varieties. The puffer fish ate the shrimp and then the other fish ate the puffer fish. He deserved it.

No comments:
Post a Comment