Sunday, September 7, 2008

Smelling clean

Back in the summer of 1999 I lived in Boston. It was a terrific experience. I loved living in such a great city. There were so many things to do and great places to eat. The people were very nice to (thank you to the nice man who helped me find my way on the T!) This was such a nice change coming from my tiny hometown. I worked in Faneuil Hall/Quincy Marketplace at a restaurant called Lily's (it's now Cheers). In this area were some great stores. One of which was Crabtree and Evelyn. I worked at a gift store that sold this line. I liked how their lotions and soaps smelled. I walked into their store in Boston and found a very nice and clean smelling perfume called Spring Journal No. 10. I have never received so many compliments as I did when I wore that perfume. I was so sad the day I finished the bottle. As I was looking over the bottle I noticed small writing on the bottom of the label: Room Spray. My perfume was meant to be used in the home not on the body. How funny is that?

6 comments:

Monica H said...

I used to work at C&E for 3 years in 2000, but never heard of this fragrance.

That is funny though, you wouldn't believe how many people did the same thing :-)

Kristin (kekis) said...

Hahaha! A show & tell that makes me laugh! You were only trying to make the world smell as beautiful as you, right?

battynurse said...

Whatever works. I'm guessing no one walked away saying you smelled like a room freshener.

AnotherDreamer said...

That's so funny about the perfume. but hey, whatever works, right? lol

C said...

haha, what a great story. Hey, no one knows it wasn't made to be perfume but you....oh wait, and all of blogland, now:-)

Kristin said...

That is funny...thanks for sharing the story.