The show was called Voices of Christmas at the Living Waters theater. A collaboration of Christmas carols and songs complete with the history behind them. There was dancing, acting and live animals. I especially liked the donkey. He was very sweet and looked so soft.
Being in Amish country there were plenty of horse and buggies. I loved seeing them. The click clock sound of their shoes on the pavement announcing their presence was music to my ears. E wanted to take a ride but it was very cold and she's getting over being sick.
Our hotel was very nice too. We stayed at a Country Inn & Suites. They had hot tea and coffee available whenever you wanted some, a lending library and a room where you can read or play checkers. I highly recommend it. There was something funny about our room: the toilet. Whenever you flushed it, the power of the flush was so great you thought you were going to get sucked in.
I was on a hunt for a Mission buffet or sideboard. I wanted it to have doors so I could store my linens and liquor. We went to four or five places before finding a Mission hutch. We asked if they would just sell us the bottom and they said sure. It is beautiful! Eventually I want to get a Mission dining set, bookcases, end tables and a bedroom set.
I am going to look up online about the Amish and Mennonite cultures. Their simple lives interest me. Does anyone have a good site or book to read about them?
We're definitely going back when the weather is warmer for a buggy ride and a tour of a working Amish farm.
Logan and buffet.
I put a nice Christmas runner and decorated
with our Nativity scene and antique Christmas
trees.

No comments:
Post a Comment