Friday, July 10, 2009

Doing ok

My surgery went alright. There was endometriosis on by bladder and two polyps--a piece was taken for biopsy. I see my gyno on July 24 for a follow up. I have questions of course about the endo and polyps--how does this affect me getting pregnant, will it come back again, where were the polyps, etc.
I am feeling a little better today. I slept on Wednesday and yesterday. I forgot how much it takes out of you. I keep comparing this surgery to my gallbladder but I shouldn't because I stayed in the hospital for that.
I encountered something new: B.air Paws inflatable gowns. They attach a hose to your gown and you control the temperature. I was warm and toasty!! Keeping you warm before surgery is supposed to help reduce infections.
We got home around 7 pm or so. I couldn't figure out why it took us so long to get home. I remember being in recovery at 4 pm. When they wheeled me back to my pre-op room where M was the nurse told me to rest and I took an hour long nap! M said you could really mess with someone when they're medicated. I agree.

Me in my inflatable gown.

1 comment:

Rebel With.A.Cause said...

Glad all is well... Polyps are good to have out... I had one, and it was right where the embies were going back...

I bet things will be just fine now sweetie!

Hugs,
Rebel