Sunday, February 21, 2010

Sunday, Sunday

The breakfast at the hose company was good. It's always nice to see and support the fellow firefighters M works with. After that it was E's first CCD class taught by a nun. The CCD coordinator suggested I explain to E what a nun is. I began my explanation and E interrupted me and told me that she knows what a nun is--they were black. I did explain to her that it's more than wearing black. I went to catholic school for 7 years and I didn't have a nun as my teacher. We did have one teaching 2nd grade but that was after me. We continued on and head home to have lunch before E's basketball game. After that I went looking for a new St. Patrick's Day flag at Michael's, but I couldn't find any I liked. I did find my parents there. My Dad picked up stencils for his Pysanky eggs and my Mom picked out icing for her cookies. Then I headed out to my favorite store--Weggie's . I would move in if they let me. I don't know if you have one by you so let me tell you all the goodness they have. I enjoy their Mediterranean Bar (hummus--yum!), lovely bunches of hydroponic romaine lettuce, chai tea, magazines, books, great smelling lotions and seasonal items (both our outdoor patio set and table came from there). I have some good friends that work there and they both agree it's one of the best places to work. They take good care of their employees. If you like to bake and cook it's a great go to place. It's the only place around my area that has vanilla beans. They have a great selection of pretty much everything.
I finished up my night by watching Undercover Boss. What a great show! The heads of companies go undercover for one week in their company doing various jobs. It's a great opportunity to get a good feel on how their employees are doing and how the customers like the store/product. The bosses have been great people. At the end of the week they introduce themselves to their employees they have worked with and help them out with their job/school/family. I always cry. It makes me feel good to know that the big guys do care. The employees are really great too (their was one bad apple from the Hooter show--but he has since straightened up). I joked with M that if the CEO of the big OG came in I wouldn't know what he looks like. I should google him--lol! Next week is White Castle.
It's time for me to hit the hay.

3 comments:

bibc said...

omg LOVE undercover boss!!

lol @ E and the nun comment! i went for 12 years and only had 1 nun in 1st grade :)

Photogrl said...

Sounds like a great day! :)

I love Wegggie's...I just wish the closest one wasn't over an hour away!

cmr said...

The first undercover boss was awesome.. just like you .. I cried!
The guy realized that the rules he had put in place were being misapplied in the work place.. i.e. the lady who ran like crazy to the time clock after her 30 minute lunch because she would be docked 2 minutes for every one minute she punched late. what a crock! and the lady truck driver who had to actually pee in a can because she could not go off route and waste time.
And he got fired by the guy at the landfil because the "boss" wasn't able to pick up paper fast enough and keep it in his bag.
I even wrote a letter to the ceo of waste management to tell him how much i loved his performance on the show and the great things he did for the people that he was able to work with on the show.