Our visit today went well. My uterus looked great! Dr. G took lots of pictures of my uterus and ovaries. She was very happy with my blood work. She is going to up my thyroid meds from 75 mcg to 100 mcg. This is good because I think it will help me feel less sluggish and I will be in the lower range of numbers. Next we had our teaching visit with nurse Grace. She went over ivf, why people do it, the statistics of it. Then we received our protocol. I start Lupron on Feb 17 in the am for ten days. On day ten I go in for blood work and an ultrasound at 8 am. I will then start Follistim (it's pen form that comes in a pretty case) in the pm. I wrote down everything in a calendar. Egg retrieval is slated for March 10 and embryo transfer is March 13. I know I will have questions. Nurse Grace said to call her or Dr. G anytime. They are both very nice and I know I would not hesitate to call if I had any questions or concerns. It is so much information that I'm a bit overwhelmed.
I'm glad M was there for the visit. He's a nurse (how handy--I know!) and he's very good at taking in information. I know I will be in good hands with him ;-) We're both very excited to be at this point--to begin the process of trying to have a baby together. I still am having a hard time believing that after all these years of trying that we are beginning our first cycle of i.vf. It completely blows my mind. I am thinking positive thoughts and I will try to do so throughout our cycle.
I am a bit crampy from the saline solution from the sonohystegram and I did not sleep well at all last night so I'm going to finish watching the movie 21. .
We came with most of our meds. We are going to use a mail order for the rest. I just kind of threw them in the fridge on top of the eggs. I'll have to make a special spot for them.
3 comments:
how exciting!!
On top of the eggs seems pretty fitting to me! :)
Good luck!
Glad things looked great! Thinking GREAT things for you :)
Post a Comment