Thursday, June 3, 2010

The most beautiful sound in the world

We had our ob appointment today coupled with my post op check up. My incision is healing nicely. The PA was a lovely girl named Sarah. "She had so much energy", I said to M. To which he replied--"Everyone seems to have a lot of energy to you." I laughed. True. But she had more. She took of my steri strips (I wanted to peel them off yesterday but M wouldn't let me). She asked if I was having any problems and I told her about the pressure on my bum and painful passing of gas--sorry tmi. She told me to take a stool softener, keep drinking water, eating greens and fruits and take a sitz bath (sitting in warm water).
She had the Doppler and found the first baby, who was on my left, who had a heartbeat of 160. She had trouble with the next baby because he/she was moving around. Finally that heartbeat was 150. It was amazing to hear their heartbeats. I have been feeling them flutter around now for about two weeks. I hadn't felt them in the past two days. It makes me nervous because I don't have anything else to go on. They aren't big enough that you can feel them kick. It was very reassuring to hear them.
I go next week for my glucose test and I have another ob appointment in two weeks.
We are still waiting for the high risk office to call us for our appointment with them. I was told I will be seeing them the first week in July. That's when we will have the level II us. And that means finding out the gender!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad the appointment went so well and you got to hear their beautiful heartbeats!

I hope you continue to heal well.

Suzy, Not a Fertile Myrtle said...

Great news! So glad you got to hear the heartbeats.

Melis.sa said...

Glad to hear that you're feeling better! (mostly)

WOOT WOOT for the level II u/s!!!

bibc said...

i agree ;)

Photogrl said...

Yay for an appointment filled with the wonderful sounds of their heartbeats! I don't think that ever gets old ;)

Keep healing up...

((HUGS))