I called a friend of mine, a close friend, about the bar schedule. I had some questions for her. And after we chatted about that she asked me, "Guess who's pregnant?" Now, we all know how much I hate this question. I don't wish any ill will toward the pregnant person but I get so upset and mad and angry. I said I don't know. She told me it was her. I asked if she was sure. So sure in fact, that's in her fourth month. She also told me that she didn't want this pregnancy. She's 38 and her two children are much older (one is in 3rd grade and the other I believe is in 7th) She told me she was done after she had her second. She also told me that she was afraid to tell me. That made me feel bad. This friend is terrific and she's seen me through some really rough times and I would never say or do anything to hurt her feelings. She's a wonderful person. But it was nice that she considered my feelings. She asked if we were pursuing i.vf and I told her yes. I had to get E for our dentist appointment so I couldn't talk long and I told her I would call her tomorrow.
Fast forward to the dentist's office (after me crying in the car all the way there). There are two hygienists there. One comes back to get E. A little bit later the PREGNANT one comes to get me. God sure has a sick sense of humor. Thank goodness E was done with her checkup because that hygienist did my checkup. She asked me if I was okay and I told her about my friend. She already knew about us trying to have a baby.
Anyway, my Dad said him and my Mom have been praying for us. When they were in Md they even put a note in the St. Jude shrine I get upset also that I'm going to have to pay out of pocket at least $15k for something I don't even know will work.
Thank you for listening to me. Only you understand.
Making Bets
2 weeks ago

5 comments:
i love you
christine is the name on my google account.
mom
Just try to remember that even though it may be hard you need to stay positive. Not only for you but also for your family. Moving forward with Ivf i think you need to go into it with the right mindset. Positive thinking has been proven before. Dont let others get you down, no matter how hard it may be. You are a very special person and your baby is still out there.
When I don't hear from my best friend for a while my biggest fear is that she doesn't want to get together because she's pregnant and doesn't know how to tell me.
And yes, it's a lot of money for something that may not work. It totally stinks.
Post a Comment