Saturday, January 31, 2009

Wanting and waiting

While there is lot of good news in the blogosphere, I'm being reminded of what I don't have: a baby. I'm very happy for my cohorts because I'm aware of their struggles. But it still hurts to read betas, look at nursery pictures and see newborn pictures. No one said life is fair but it sure sucks sometimes.
We've been trying for almost four years now and it isn't getting easier. We are going to do i.vf in September but it seems like ions away. Pa is a shitty state to live in when pursuing treatment because they do not mandate insurance companies to cover anything. Hopefully I will get a teaching job and we can get started. It's so much money but I would always wonder, "what if?" if I didn't pursue it.

4 comments:

'Murgdan' said...

It can be difficult sometimes...even in the blogosphere I love so much. I just hold on to the hope that one day it will be me doing the announcing and nursery decorating....

who knows.

cmr said...

We hope and pray, too.
We love you very much.

Anonymous said...

That is exactly why I chose to work with fertility clinic.

Anonymous said...

It is a lot of money but I agree with the wondering aspect. It's almost like you have to at least try.
After four years we decided to stop ART. We adopted our son from Korea and it has been the right path for us.
But I still struggle with being infertile and it is hard for me to read about the pregnancies and births in the blogosphere. It is just a hard situation to be in- happy for others but sad for your self.
If you want to read my personal blogs about our adoption journey and life after adoption here they are
http://ajanderica.blogspot.com
http://funnyfinn.blogspot.com