Sunday, January 2, 2011

Busy as a bee

I knew it would get crazy here but I just had no idea. My days are filled to the brim for the loving and caring of E and the babies. As a matter of fact I'm pumping while writing this. I've always been a pretty good multi tasker and now it's gone to extreme multi tasking.
I hope everyone had a good Christmas. Ours was wonderful. Finally having the babies made it even more special. We had Christmas Eve dinner at my parents with M being Santa and E playing the part of Elf. She loved being Santa's special helper and passing our presents. I enjoyed spending it with my good friend J and her family--my goddaughter N! My Dad made the traditional Wigilia dinner--mushroom soup, sauerkraut with peas, pierogies, coleslaw and desserts (my Mom made me anise cookies--soooo good!) It's my favorite holiday of the year. I like the food and I love spending it with my family.
Squeakers and Peanut are doing well. We just weighed them and Squeakers is 10 lbs (bw-4.3 lbs) and Peanut is 10 lbs 14 oz (bw-5 lbs 6 oz). I am trying to get Squeakers to nurse more. We just got done doing a "babymoon". I nursed Squeakers for 24 hours. No bottles. He ate quite frequently. I'm hoping after this he will be better with nursing (he loves the bottle. its easier. he does get breast milk and formula in the bottle.) and it will up my milk supply. I've started taking fenugreek hoping to increase my supply also. It's my fault he likes the bottle so much. I supplemented with both in the hospital to help with weight gain. I knew it was a necessary evil. When we got home I continued to supplement. M had taken two weeks off after they were born and he took care of Squeakers and hence bottles were given. It was easier to tag team the babies like that. Now I'm trying to make up for a poor start.
New Years Eve we had my Dad over for seafood. I went to Cooper's Restaurant for our dinner and they threw in free cole slaw because I told them I had twins! I thought that was funny. I was the only one up at midnight. I was nursing Squeakers and they say that whatever you do on New Years day you spend doing for the rest of the year. I hope it's true with the nursing part!
Our dreams came true in 2010. I keep everyone in my prayers that yours do too.
I wish you all a happy and healthy new year!

2 comments:

Melis.sa said...

Glad to hear that the holidays were great and that the babies are doing well!!

Photogrl said...

Sounds like a wonderful holiday!

The boys are getting big fast...good to hear everyone is doing well!