Sunday, October 21, 2012

Flea Market

                                              E trying to keep warm


I was up at 5:30 to get ready for the flea market.  I got E up at 6am and off we went.  M and I packed the truck the night before.  But how funny am I--I forgot to get small bills to make change.  So we went to D & D and paid separately and asked for small bills for our change.  Then we went to a mini market, got gum, and asked for small bills for our change.  My Dad was there and he helped us unload.  We had baby clothes and toys, high chairs, an exersaucer, bath tub and an easy bake oven.  By 10:30 am we had sold most of our stuff.  I would say it was pretty successful.  I was happy that I separated the clothes by month and season.  The only thing I would do next time is bring tables (I had the clothes in boxes and the toys on a blanket) and dress warmer!  lol  E hid in the truck for a little bit trying to get warm.  It was about 38 degrees when we arrived.  She did very well with making change.  I did have to talk her down on some of the prices.  I told we don't want to bring anything home with us.  My Mom came later to visit us.  There was a lot of people there--both vendors and buyers.  I am so glad we cleaned out our house.  We are going to be repainting it soon and decluttering will be a big help.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I need to do that. I wanted to do a yard sale all summer but it never happened. Thanks for visiting my blog today!