Sunday, November 30, 2008

Neuro and other news

My appointment on Friday with my neurosurgeon went alright. No back surgery. I am going to try pain management, anti inflammatory and muscle relaxers. It is going to be trail and error. I didn't want back surgery so that was good news. I asked him if my back was strong enough to support a pregnancy and he said YES!! So I'm going to call in my scrips tomorrow and schedule an appt with the pain management doc. I'm hopeful that this will work. And the sooner it works the sooner we can move on to i.vf.
I got my placement for student teaching. I will be in the same district where I've done my observations and internship. Unfortunately I will not be with the class I'm in for my internship (which would have been great because I know the students and teacher). But it's about 5 mins from my house and I will be with the same teacher/class for the whole semester. Bloom likes student teachers to have two placements (one in k-3 and the second 4-6 grade) so they can get a feel for the younger and older grades. But this school district did not have enough teachers to provide two placements. Fine by me.
Thanksgiving was great. I hope everyone had a good one as well. M deep fried two turkeys (they were sooooo good) and smoked one. We had sour cream mashed potatoes, homemade cornbread and apple stuffing (I made that), sweet potato casserole (I really enjoy those), homemade Deep Dish Apple pie (I made that too, it was delicious. I can put up the recipe if anyone's interested.) and cranberry sauce. The whole family came over. It was nice to see everyone. The only thing I didn't like was that my mil announced M's cousin's sex of her baby. I did NOT need to hear that. I can understand her wanting to tell her family, but in my house that was tactless. I cried. According to her this cousin tried three months to have a baby and that's considered having feritlity problems. They have no idea what it's like to be infertile.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could post the corn bread apple stuffing recipe...

JJ said...

So glad you got a YES!! YIPPEE!