Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Retrieval tomorrrow!

7:30 a. m. is our check in time. 8:30 a.m. is the surgery. I'm getting butterflies!
I keep thinking of this journey as jumping through a series of hoops. After the egg retrieval it will be: are the eggs good? After they fertilize via icsi it will be: will they grow into healthy embryos? Next it will be transfer time (my re will transfer 2-3 embryos based on their quality) and the question is: will they get all nice and cozy and implant? Finally it will be: will the embryo(s) grow into a baby and stay in my uterus for 9 months so we can have a real live baby or babies? I hope and pray that after 4 1/2 years of trying for one more baby that our dreams come true.

4 comments:

Melis.sa said...

Good luck!! Praying the roller coaster ends on the highest note possible (yes i am combining roller coasters and music...)

:)

WOOT!!

Photogrl said...

Hoping you're home and resting by now.

Thinking LOTS of positive thoughts for you!

Caz said...

I hope today went well. Positive vibes winging their way to you.

Anonymous said...

Good luck!!